Vial of Poison
From Die2Nite Wiki
|Vial of Poison|
|This tiny quantity of poison is sufficient to kill any of your fellow citizens. Add it to some food, a flask or a drug and it will become contaminated, turning it into a deadly weapon...|
|Sub Category||Miscellaneous items|
Annoyed with your neighbor? Sick of people using valuable resources for themselves? Or maybe you're just a jerk. With this poison you can kill someone by mixing it with food, a drink or drugs. Can also be used to commit suicide.
- Made from combining the following:
- Being shunned with the hero advantage Sweet Revenge after day 3.
- Poisoning food, drink or drugs
- The person consuming poisoned items will die; as such, it may be used to murder other players or commit suicide.
When you choose to use the in your home, you are presented with a list of all the other items in your chest and rucksack to use with the poison. The following items can be poisoned: Vial of Poison
- Anabolic Steroids → Anabolic Steroids (poisoned)
- Fleshroom Puree → Fleshroom Puree (poisoned)
- Open Can → Open Can (poisoned)
- Suspicious-looking Vegetable → Suspicious-looking Vegetable (poisoned)
- Water Ration → Water Ration (poisoned)
Note that the items appear identical to the unpoisoned original, the altered name and image are to distinguish the items on the wiki only.
If you pick an item that is not in the above list, you are given the message:
- You cannot combine with this. You can do this with one of the following objects: Vial of PoisonSuspicious-looking Vegetable, Fleshroom Puree, Anabolic Steroids, Open Can or Water Ration.
If you pick a valid item, you receive:
- You have assembled by combining something... and Vial of Poison. --- Warning! You have poisoned the something...! It is now almost impossible to distinguish from a safe one, so be careful... It's up to you to do with it what you feel is "fair".' something...
If a player is murdered with the Vial of Poison, The Crow will usually make an announcement about it in The News Corpse, which reads:
- Funny story, from now on, in addition to the nightly attacks, we have to consider murders. † [player name] being a prime example. Ingestion of strychnine... Looks like we'll have a great time from here on in...
- Strychnine is a very toxic colorless crystalline alkaloid used as a pesticide. In humans, it causes muscular convulsions and eventually death through asphyxia or sheer exhaustion. It isn't, however, made by combining a corrosive liquid, battery, and pharmaceutical products in real life (it is naturally occurring, and isolated in a number of plants).
- It seems in the gazette it lists a random poisonous substance when someone is murdered, the known ones so far being Anthrax, Strychnine and Botulinum. (Note: Botulinum is the deadliest known toxin to man, and is also not made by combining a corrosive liquid, battery, and pharmaceutical products. It is perhaps better known by its trademarked name 'Botox')
- A victim of poisoning won't be allowed to choose their last words, which will always be: "The murderer was...was...ARGH!"