From Die2Nite Wiki
|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Check new accuracy of Scout Sense. The page was tagged by: -- Nickyh 08:02, 16 June 2012 (PDT)|
The Scout is a job role available only to Heroes.
The is a master of reconnaissance. As such, their scouting abilities can be very valuable during the first days of the town. The scout's detection abilities are less valuable with a ScoutWatchtower with upgrades and an Upgraded Map, because the map and zombie count will then be revealed by these constructions. Their ability to join an expedition in progress or deliver items "behind enemy lines" can still save many a life, however. Main duty is now to detect Ruins -ideally Explorable Ruins.
- are not affected by zombie control points as long as they are camouflaged. This allows them to move even in zones with high zombie counts. Scouts
- There is a chance of being detected as the Scout enters a zone; this risk increases as the numbers of zombies increase, and decreases as the zone is visited by more Scouts (and they find safe paths with which to move through the zone).
Note: Only visible when playing in Expert Interface.
- If the camouflage breaks, the Scout will be just like a normal Citizen and will either have control of the zone or not based on your Control Points vs. the number of zombies. To regain camouflage, the Scout can either take control of the zone (see: Control Points) or use
- When travelling in the World Beyond, can see the zombie count of adjacent zones.
- This count isn't always accurate - the actual zombie numbers vary by +/-2.
- Example: The Scout sense showing 3 zombies means there are 1 to 5 zombies in that zone.
- Prior to Season 5, zones with no zombies will always show up clear, and zones with zombies will never show up as clear. as of Season 5, now clear appearing zones can have up to 2 zombies in them. It is uncertain if zones predicted to contain zombies may actually have no zombies.