From Die2Nite Wiki
|This authentic curio from the last century, or so it would appear, would have scorched many a retina in its day. Its poorly-calibrated flash could surely get out of any desperate situations by blinding the zombies!|
|Professional tool (cannot be dropped)|
|Sub Category||Professional tools|
The Pre-war Camera has the effect of a Flash Grenade, except that you have less time to act before you lose control of the zone. Citizens who have purchased 6-months of hero days prior to the start of Season 3 start each town with this item. It has 3 uses per town. With each use there is less chance of its effect being successful.
- total of 6 months of hero time before
- block of 6 months of hero time after
the start of season 3.
Once done, it will then appear in your inventory after your next incarnation.
- Gives you a small amount of time to safely escape a zombie controlled zone (compared to a Flash Grenade)
- The first use is 90?% successful and gives you 2 minutes to act before zone control is lost.
- The second use is 50?% successful and gives you 1 minute to act before zone control is lost.
- The third use is 40?% successful and gives you 30 seconds to act before zone control is lost.
- Unlike most other Hero content, if a player becomes a Resident again, the pre-war camera is retained in their inventory. All to no avail, however, as trying to use the item, the player receives a notification that this feature is reserved exclusively for the heroes.
- With Season 3s release the camera did not unlock properly for many people who had enough cumulative hero time for the camera, the exact cause of this is unknown. Possibly related to not purchasing a 6 month block (confirm/verify)?