From Die2Nite Wiki
|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: This page is currently just a section on the initial map, need more general info about the map. The page was tagged by: Discordance 07:39, 30 August 2011 (PDT)|
The following is known about the Initial Map Setup in Die2Nite:
- Maps are square. Regular towns range in size from 10x10 to up to 14x14. The Season 2 update (20 April, 2011) reported that towns could be up to 25x25 in size. However, distant towns of up to 27x27 have been reported.
- Regular towns have 10 special zones on them.
- Initial zombie distribution centres around special zones - special zones will start with 4+ zombies in them, zones 1-2 from special zones will have fewer.
- Town can be placed "off-centre" - a centred 12x12 town would have five rows to the left of it and six to the right (or vice versa) and the same top/bottom. An off-centre 12x12 town would have 4 rows/columns on one side and 7 on the other. An off-centre 13x13 town would have 5 rows/columns on one side and 7 on the other (or 4 and 8). As of 19 Feb, 2011, the largest reported off-set for a smaller was 2 columns: a 14x14 town with the x-axis ranging from -9 to +4. There is so far no conclusive data on bigger maps.
Zones with no zombies show as dark green squares. Zones with 1-3 zombies are light green, and when hovered over, display the text "Isolated zombies". Zones with 2-5 zombies are brown and have the text "pack of zombies". Zones with more than 4 zombies are deep red and say "horde of zombies".
Please visit the talk page to aid us in our research on bigger maps.
- See Trivia for the map messages.