From Die2Nite Wiki
|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Double-check blurbs and update data accordingly, create individual pages (explaining power instead of just blurb).. The page was tagged by: --Mazt 19:50, 31 August 2011 (PDT)|
A Hero is the Pay to Play part of Die2nite. Hero mode has a limited lifespan and provides a number of benefits to the player some of which increase over time.
Hero mode has a limited lifespan which is extended by one or more days with every new subscription. Hero days only count down when you are playing the game. They do not count down when you are dead (or on holiday). Advantages earned in Hero mode are disabled as soon as your supply of Hero days runs out, however if you buy or gain more Hero days in the future your earned advantages will be restored immediately. Your number of days amassed unlocks new skills.
Gaining more days
There are different ways of becoming a hero, the most common is to buy a subscription. The last player to die in a town that survived at least 5 days will gain hero days. The number depends on how long the town survived past day 5. This is called the Last Man Standing or LMS. There are also some contests that will award hero days to the winner(s), such as the D2N Captions. A Hero with the Brothers in Arms skill may gift a single hero day to someone (once per town). If someone signed up using your referral link and then purchases hero days you will receive a % of the days they purchased. Also a Ghoul gets 1 hero day for each live citizen he ate.
- Loyalty bonuses - On average, every 15 days you spend as a Hero, you will unlock a new hidden advantage or skill!
- Professions - You can choose your specialty and take advantage of the special skills that go with it!
- Improvements - You are free to customize your house to unblock new features of the game!
- Heroic Actions - These special actions let you deal with any situation : to find useful objects, teleport you back to town, kill zombies with your bare hands, or even teleport a trapped or lost player back to town!
- Rucksack - You can carry 1 additional object!
- Chest Upgrade - You can store 1 additional object at home!
- Choice of Game - You can choose your own town when you start a new life (and you can see all the citizens who are already there!).
- World Forum - unlimited access to the Forum of Heroes!
- Armour Plating - Your house will receive 2 additional defense points!
The longer you are a Hero, the more new skills are granted. Please note: anything past Pro Camper is not confirmed and only translated from the French version of Die2nite. There are enough advantage slots in game currently for everything up to Architect.
|Total Hero days||Days+||Skill||Description|
|3||+3||Manipulator||Twice per game, you can delete an entry in the town register (click on the icon alongside the line you wish to delete...).|
|7||+4||Clairvoyance||You know how active and present a player is in the game, simply by going to their house.|
|15||+8||Mr Writer||Now you can send Private Messages to all the citizens in your town at once (from the Messages section in your House). You can also start "RP" threads in the forums (please do not abuse this !).|
|25||+10||Brothers in Arms||Once per game, you can give 1 Hero day to a fellow citizen ! Just wait, you'll become a veritable messiah for the masses... NB: any hero days you give away will be taken from your total, simply go to another citizen's page to give them a Hero day. Warning: When you donate a Hero day, it is only valid for THAT DAY. It cannot be saved for another time.|
|31||+6||Dictator ||"You can change at will the blackboard placed on the front page of the city." Note: The table is anonymous and has no anti-abuse or registry changes.|
|45||+14||Large Chested||You have earned an additional storage space in your personal chest, in your house.|
|61||+16||Healthy Body||As long as you stay "Clean" (i.e. you haven't taken any drugs), you have 1 additional control point when you're in the World Beyond.|
|75||+14||Omniscience||Omniscience works like Clairvoyance, except you will be able to see the details of EVERY citizen from the town directory. Click on the Omniscience tab when looking at the list of citizens.|
|91||+16||Resourcefulness||You will start out in every town with a random useful object. The random item can contain a water pistol, 1-ITF battery gun, smoke bomb, flash grenade, or a kwik fix.|
|105||+14||False Bottom||You get one additional chest slot at home (making it a total of 2 extra slots).|
|121||+16||Lucky Find||Your hero finding power is upgraded. Instead of a Doggy Bag you can find a Tasty-looking Steak and Construction Kit x2 is increased to x3. Kwik-Fix, Full Jerrycan, Valium Shot, Broken Electronic Device and Mechanism is added. Note that Twisted Plank, Wrought Iron are removed.|
|135||+14||A place for everything||You have an additional storage compartment in your rucksack.|
|151||+16||Second wind||Now you have an extremely useful power which allows you to restore your health to 6 AP and recover from a "tired" status.|
|165||+14||Second Breakfast||You will start all towns with an additional ration of food.|
|181||+16||Brick S**thouse||Your wealth of experience in the World Beyond has given you a permanent addition of 1 control point. (Note: This is completely separate from the 1 CP gained from "Healthy Body")|
|195||+14||Treachery||The number of possible manipulator actions is increased from 2 to 4.|
|211||+16||Cheat death||When this is activated, this new power means you will no longer be affected by Thirst, Infection or Addiction during the next attack (only lasts for one night).|
|241||+30||Sweet Revenge||If you are shunned on day 3 or later, you will automatically receive 2 vials of poison with which to exact your revenge... Yeah, they'd better not **** with you now!|
|301||+60||Pro Camper||Penalties incurred by repeated camping in the World Beyond are reduced for you: therefore you can camp more often during your time in a town.|
|361||+60||Preventative Medicine||You start out in every town with a sachet of paracetamol in your rucksack.|
|541||+180||Mayor||You can create private towns by simply clicking "Play", when you are dead.|
|721||+180||Architect||You begin every town with a construction blueprint (common).|
A Hero can perform up to 6 Heroic Actions during his life in a town. Each Heroic Action can be performed only once, and a Hero can perform just one Heroic Action per day.
|Heroic Return||You will immediately be returned to the town if you are less than 11km away!||The 11km is the distance that is shown below the in-game map. It can be more than 11 AP from town, if you have not moved in a straight line. Heroic return can be done anywhere on the map 11km from town or closer. The wording is incorrect in the Heroic Actions menu which says less than 11km. At exactly 11km is okay. Nobody knows how, but the Hero managed to get out of this zone and go back to the town... it's a miracle !|
|Seeker||Miraculously discover a useful object||You can choose which item you want to find: Battery, Water Ration, Doggy Bag, Water Bomb, Twisted Plank, Wrought Iron, Construction Kit.|
|Seeker (upgraded)||Miraculously discover a useful object||You can choose which item you want to find: Battery, Water Ration, Tasty-looking Steak, Water Bomb, Construction Kit, Full Jerrycan, Kwik-Fix, Valium Shot, Broken Electronic Device and Mechanism.|
|Vicious Uppercut||Kill 2 zombies with your bare hands!||Kill 2 zombies without weapons.|
|Rescue||Escort another player back to the town (from a maximum of 2 km).||Only available when you are in the town yourself. Handy for saving people that are auto-searching nearby and don't come online to get back to town. Note this is 2 squares distant not 2 distant so some people can be rescued from 3 distant. Nobody knows how such a miracle is possible, but Hero has returned with Citizen (who was at [?,?]) on their shoulders ! Long live our Heroes !|
|Second lease of life||Restore your APs and recover from exhaustion.||Restores your APs to max. (6 or 5-with a wound)|
|Cheat death||As of the next attack, you will no longer be affected by thirst, infection or addiction.||During the attack of the day when this power is activated, you cannot die of infection, thirst or addiction. It does not cure infection, prevent you from getting an infection from a wound, and does not prevent you from dying by walking around in the desert while dehydrated. However, it does prevent the thirst level statuses from degrading at night (i.e. thirsty -> dehydrated).|
Heroes can choose one of seven professions to play as.
Note: Heroes can NOT choose to stay as a resident and save up days. If a hero chooses to be a resident, the following message is given: "When you are a Hero, you cannot be a simple resident! Have some pride!"
Note 2: If you have been a hero once in a town, then stop, and then become a hero again in the same town, you must be the same profession the second time as the first time. Example: You start off a town as a hero and choose scavenger as a profession. On Day 7, you run out of hero time and do not resubscribe. On Day 10, you receive a gifted hero day from another hero using Brothers in Arms (or resubscribe and sign up for more hero time). You will only be able to be a scavenger with the gifted hero day - choosing any other profession will give you an error message.
You have already been a Hero in this incarnation (Technician): you must continue where you left off not so very long ago.
The Scavenger is able to find many more objects when searching in the desert.
The scavenger abilities are:
- Autosearching takes 1.5 hours instead of 2 hours, so they can search more in a day.
- Their chance of finding 'nothing' is greatly reduced.
- They can see which neighbouring areas are depleted or not.
- This includes the status of the structure in neighbouring Special Zones. If either the zone or the structure is not depleted, the scavenger will see that direction as not depleted. Only if both the zone and the structure are depleted, will the direction then be shown as depleted.
- They have 50% more oxygen in explorable ruins.
Example scavenger map. Area to the south is depleted. Area to the north is not depleted. Areas to the west and east have not yet been visited (therefore no scavenging symbol there), but it also means those areas are not depleted.
The Scout can sneak past groups of zombies undetected, allowing them to explore the farthest reaches of the desert, in almost total safety. Warning : carrying out any actions when hiding causes you to break cover and reveal yourself ! .
The Scout is a master of reconnaissance; his basic equipment is the Camouflage Vest. As such, their scouting abilities can be very valuable during the first days of the town. The scout's detection abilities are less valuable with a Watchtower with upgrades and an Upgraded Map, because the map and zombie count will then be revealed by these constructions. Their ability to join an expedition in progress or deliver items "behind enemy lines" can still save many a life, however.
The scout abilities are:
- They can estimate the zombie count in neighbouring areas (which will be within 2 of the estimate; more than one Scout can quickly nail down the exact number by comparing their estimates.)
- They can identify a Buried building whilst in the same zone. (confirm if crows nest reveals unseen buildings or lets scouts identify building type remotely)
- They can move through uncontrolled areas without getting trapped while wearing their camouflage suit.
- There is a chance of being detected as the Scout enters a zone; this risk increases as the numbers of zombies increase, and decreases as the zone is visited by more Scouts (and they find safe paths with which to move through the zone.)
Note: Only visible when playing in Expert Interface.
- The Scout can only perform some actions (drinking, eating, taking drugs) while remaining undetected by the zombies. These will have a checkmark.
- The Scout can not collect items from the ground while undetected.
Example scout map. There are 1-3 zombies North of town (there would be no number if the zone had no zombies), 3-7 zombies to the West, 6-10 zombies in the East, and a horde of 13-17 zombies to the South.
In the World Beyond, the Guardian can keep more zombies at bay than an average citizen. The guardian retains this advantage even when travelling as part of a group !
The Guardian abilities are:
- They have 4 control points instead of 2, allowing them to go safely (alone) into a zone with 4 zombies.
- They add 5 defence points to the town (when he is in town at the time of the attack).
- They get one extra defence point for their own home.
- They have 30 more defence points than the average citizen when they sign up for watchmen and 5% more Safety.
The Tamer is able to send some of the contents of their rucksack back to the town from anywhere in the World Beyond.
The Tamer abilities are:
- Once per day they can send the labradoodle to the city to carry objects back to town.
- They can give the labradoodle Anabolic Steroids to carry heavy objects back to town turning the Labradoodle to the Drugged Labradoodle.
- The Tamer's faithful labradoodle companion will show their master the way out of the ruins: a blue arrow allows every tamer to never lose their bearings.
|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Needs more information. The page was tagged by: Mazt 16:58, 15 November 2011 (PST)|
Always ready to get involved with any construction project, the technician, abandoned alone on a desert island with nothing but a toothpick, could construct an enormous entirely autonomous wheel. So just imagine what technical marvels they could construct with a shiny new DIY kit!
- These points are refreshed everyday right after the attack.
- To use these points the Technician must have at least one left.
The Technician is also able to take key imprints from locked doors, while exploring abandoned buildings.
- These blanks can be converted into keys in the Workshop with regular cost, depending on if you have a Factory and/or a Hacksaw.
- The blank type is based on the type of the locked door.
Known (Blank) Keys:
|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Needs more information. The page was tagged by: Mazt 16:59, 15 November 2011 (PST)|
A Survivalist will always find something edible (food or water), regardless of where they are in the desert and when they want to find it.
The Survivalist abilities are:
- Once per day able to find one item of food OR water anywhere in the desert. Note that the food or water is eaten or drunk immediately; neither a food ration nor a water ration will appear in your rucksack. Also note that this cannot be used in town, you must be at least 4 km away from the town to use the survivalist's skill. Doing this action will give the Refreshed or Fed status, depending on whether you drank or ate.
- As of Season 6, the Survival Guide now has a chance of failure, resulting in the book being used up, but providing no food/water .
- Can go past the 90% camp cap and have 100% for themselves.
|This page has automatically been added to the to do category for the following reason: Needs more information. The page was tagged by: --Starclaws 17:33, 12 April 2012 (PDT)|
The Shaman is an incredibly powerful voodoo sorceror who can profit from the deaths of other citizens to carry out their black magic. The Shaman knows how to make use of the useless and knows how to bring about a more useful reincarnation for our dearly departed.
The Shaman abilities are:
- Able to transport as many souls as their inventory allows.
- Locate Lost Souls in the World Beyond.
- To transform blue souls into red souls which can be used by the town to construct special temporary defenses.
- Using 1 Ap and 1 Blue soul to "make it rain" purifying a zone and/or adding water to the town well.
- Heal citizens once per day, drawing out Infection, Drunkenness, Drugs, etc. But this has a chance of transferring the healed citizens diseases to the Shaman.
- If you use the Mr. Writer skill while the town is dead but you, the following message will display: "You are alone. Nobody is going to answer you, give it up. Anyways, what does it matter ? You are almost certainly going to die tonight..."