From Die2Nite Wiki
| Guard Dog
|Man's best friend. You can choose whether he guards your house, saves you from a marauding zombie or ends up as tasty burgers...
When you're in the wastes, zombies knocking at your door, you never know when your neighbor will decide you're more useful dead. Only a good dog will be a true friend to stand at your side in these desperate times.
- 1-2 town defence when placed in The Bank. Defence value depends on the level of Defensive Focus
- 1 home defence when placed in your chest, and 0 town defence (needs further testing possibly 0.4-0.8 town defence).
- Can be carved for 2× Tasty-looking Steak if the Butcher has been constructed.
- The butcher took great care of Guard Dog ... You now have Tasty-looking Steak (×2). Goodbye dear friend.
- When placed in your chest, it protects your Home against Theft.
- Can be used as a weapon, with 100% chances to kill one zombie, and a 20% chance of disappearing.
- If successful:
Your animal leapt at the zombie's throat, and managed to turn itself into a zombie-cork! Well done!
- If unsuccessful:
You send your Guard Dog over to the zombie. The wretched individual isn't the quickest of mutts, but he jump (slowly) on the animal to devour it, groaning all the time... Goodbye brave friend. On the plus side, that's one less zombie to worry about now he's distracted...