From Die2Nite Wiki
|There is an in-game Bug relating to this topic: misspelt description. The page was tagged by: KlarkMorrigan 02:46, 23 April 2012 (PDT)|
|A rare distinction only awarded to thos citizens who experienced the Armageddon!|
|Sub Category||Rare Distinctions|
During The end of March and start of April of the year 2012, something dreadful happened. No, not the apocalypse, that was November 2010. This was the Armageddon, no, not April fools! An actual Armageddon which wiped out just about every town, no joke.
Die2Nite encountered a glitch while Motion Twin, the studio in charge of the game, was updating the website. This caused the usual Attack to last for 23 hours instead of 10~20 minutes: the Armageddon. The result was drastic: no more than a handful of players were able to log in during the hour before the next attack started, resulting in many campers dying because they could not enter Camping mode, players who ration their water dying of Dehydration, and many more players dying simply because they could not build up enough defense against the horde, even though all towns were provided with 500 extra defense for the night. Furthermore, many other glitches sprang up the next day against the survivors: only logging in via Google Chrome worked, gates cannot be closed, many players cannot log in. Almost all of what little population that survived the Armageddon was sent to limbo the next day.
However, through witnessing this dreadful event, all players who were active (logged in) during this weekend are awarded with this Distinction.
- Witness the Armageddon.
- Players do not need to be in a town, but must have logged in to Twinoid during March 30th or April 1st.
- 1× = Armageddon Witness
- This is a compensation (as noted by Epoq) for the failure of the site, and the mishandling of the situation.
- Those who have this distinction gain the two following advantages over other citizens in all future towns:
- All players who receive this distinction are also awarded one Hero day as compensation for not being able to play.
- This award of a hero day turned out to be a big mistake, as Residents now have one hero day to use, but hero mode is not activated, causing them to continue to play as Residents. However, as the hero day counter is no longer at 0, Brothers in Arms, the ability for Heros to gift a Resident one hero day, glitched and could not work on Armageddon Witnesses. The issue was resolved on 8th June, two months after the incident, by granting every player two free hero days. In turn, Hero mode triggered made any able to use up one day that could not be used before. Armageddon Witness